FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem Using Neat Video Plugin in FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Rappold
Problem Using Neat Video Plugin in FCP7
on Jan 30, 2014 at 7:52:05 pm
Last Edited By Sam Rappold on Jan 30, 2014 at 7:52:30 pm

I've got some footage from a recent shoot that came out very grainy. I decided in would be worth it to purchase Neat Video to try and smooth it out. I've installed the plugin and applied it to some of my clips. Trouble is, its not effecting the entire image.

Footage I'm using this on is an interview with a speaker seated in front a dark olive-green coloured wall, with some writing on it. When I select my select my profile area in the options menu, then hit "apply" and go back to the clip, the part of the frame closest to the speaker is clear of noise and smooth, but the edges of the frame still have all kinds of distortion. I've tried adjusting the Temporal threshold, enabling adaptive filtration, changing the mix and loading different pre-sets, but I still get this boarder effect.

A frustrating aspect to all of this is that the preview within the options menu of the Neat plugin shows the effect being applied to the entire frame, but that effect just doesn't carry over after I click apply. Is this situation familiar to anyone? Am I making some kind of new user mistake with this tool? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Sam Rappold

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]