FORUMS: list search recent posts

MultiClip issues and crashes

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Manor
MultiClip issues and crashes
on Jan 29, 2014 at 6:36:31 am

I am editing a multi clip of a 3 camera video taping shot on two Sony Z1U HDV cameras and a Canon EOS C100 Cinema camera. All three were brought into FCP7 as pro-res files. My problem is that after I have them nicely synced and made into a multi clip, I start having issues with editing the multi clip. 1) I cannot even use the process of putting my cursor in the multi clip window. When I try, it crashes.2) I can make cuts by playing the multi clip to a point where I want to cut, click on the razor blade icon just above the timeline on the right, and then double check my cuts. If I do this one at a time it seems "OK." If I let it roll and click to make cuts, it will crash after a couple of clicks. Needless to say this makes for slow going.

Also, two of the three panels in the multi clip window don't show the full picture. About a third has a distorted video but is gone when I look at the cuts.

This is fairly frustrating. Does anyone have any ideas about what may be going on? Or what I can do? Thanks.

My system: MacPro 2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon with 14 GB 1066 MHz DDR3. Graphics: I have a ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB. Using OS X 10.8.5 (12F45). I have 4 internal drives: 1 TB, 2TB, 3 TB and 240 Gb (my main HD and is solid state).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]