FORUMS: list search recent posts

DSLR sync problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Makichuk
DSLR sync problem
on Jan 27, 2014 at 6:49:43 pm

First-timer w/DSLR & Tascam recorder. Going to interview person and Canon 60d stops every 12 minutes (or 2GB). Friend suggested I just let the recorder record and push the Canon button for the next 12 minutes - and so on.

I know sync from my days of 16mm shoots but film cameras kept recorder in sync with tuning fork. In DSLR-land I can't do that. I don't have the sync software so I wonder if I can just do it manually or is there some secret.

I tested the two units and put into FCP7 and it worked great manually (I did a clapboard) but I can't do a clapboard every 12 minutes.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: DSLR sync problem
on Jan 27, 2014 at 6:57:40 pm

Well, you can do a few things:

A) Don't use a camera that stops recording every 12 min. Use a camera that will record continuously.

B) Run the Magic Lantern hack that keeps the camera recording...prevents it from stopping every 12 min. Google it.

C) Run a secondardy camera at a different angle...one that doesn't stop every 12 min.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jim Makichuk
on Jan 28, 2014 at 12:40:48 am

Unfortunately I don't have a camera that shoots longer, I heard the Panasonic does, but I wanted a Canon so I'll deal with it. Thanks for the Magic Lantern thing. All canons are like that as are other DSL cameras... same restrictions, seems to be a tariff thing.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 28, 2014 at 12:48:42 am

No...not "all Canons" are like that. All Canon DSLRs are...yes. But other ones designed as video cameras as the primary function, like the C300, C100...those record for as long as there is room on the media.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jim Makichuk
on Jan 28, 2014 at 1:11:38 am

I only meant the DSLR's, I've shot with Canon HD's and Sony & Panasonic. Favor the Panasonic, started in the DV models, but I wanted to test this system on a particular interview.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]