FORUMS: list search recent posts

Still images movie

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alina Antemir
Still images movie
on Jan 26, 2014 at 11:38:42 pm

Hello,

I'm new to movie editing and I would like to ask your advice.

I want to create a movie made of 600 still images, jpegs. I want to add a soundtrack to it as well. My questions are:

1.what software would be the best for this job: AE or FCP?

2.what would be the ideal resolution of the images?

3.what extension should I chose in order to post the movie on youtube or other online video platforms?

Thank you and I am waiting for your recommendations.I really want to get this going with the right tools.

Thank you very much,
Alina

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Still images movie
on Jan 27, 2014 at 3:00:47 pm

Alina, are the 600 images part of a short animation, or are you wanting to dissolve between them, like a slide show?. Do you plan to make the still shots appear to move, with pans and zooms?

I ask because, depending on how sophisticated you want to get, you can do this with some low-price and even free tools.

Return to posts index

Alina Antemir
on Jan 27, 2014 at 4:02:21 pm

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your response.

The images will be like frames that go one after another so more like creating a moving effect...a bit of slow motion effect. Also I want to add a soundtrack to it..it won't be too sophisticated.. I started doing it in Premiere but soon I realized that it just doesn't work since the preview wouldn't show me all frames and it was blocked.
So I was wondering which software to use between FCP or AE...

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 27, 2014 at 4:32:17 pm

You can do this kind of thing in ANY video software these days...

Are you looking for an effect like this one" It's called Coverflux or cover flow...

http://www.idustrialrevolution.com/coverflux

or something where each frame takes up the whole screen, and they change by dissolving or pushing off the screen to reveal the next image?

Return to posts index

Alina Antemir
on Jan 27, 2014 at 4:42:48 pm

I see, no it's more like time-lapse movie. But thank you for the link, it's always good to know new things.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 27, 2014 at 6:55:11 pm

Go check out the demo of Fotomagico: is something like THAT what you want to do?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]