FORUMS: list search recent posts

Easy way to zoom in w/o keyframe?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grant Wilber
Easy way to zoom in w/o keyframe?
on Jan 26, 2014 at 2:21:59 am

Is there a simple way to zoom into a portion of video without having to keyframe the scale and position?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Easy way to zoom in w/o keyframe?
on Jan 26, 2014 at 3:56:41 am

So...you are asking how do you make it bigger, or get closer to the part of the footage, without making it bigger?

Uh...you can send it to Motion and do it there. Although that takes more steps.

You can use another plugin that does the same thing...via pretty much the same controls. ANDY'S BETTER 3D, for example.

Not sure why you are asking this. How can you make it bigger, without making it bigger...?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
on Jan 26, 2014 at 10:53:05 am

Grant if you don't want to use Keyframes you could try FCPX which has a Ken Burns option in the crop settings :-) You get a start and end frame you can move around and resize in the viewer. But when the movement ends and you want the final position to remain there you need to freeze the final frame, or cut and type in position numbers.
In X keyframing position and size is still buggy, since it makes this weird s-kurve. I have a feeling Apple hasn't figured it out yet, and thats why we have this Ken Burns option.

Its better to use keyframes and FCP 7 gives you straight movements, I doubt you'll find anything easier, and a Ken Burns filter or option like in X is not always a good solution, since it might require some extra steps you won't need to do when using keyframes.

"Always look on the bright side of life" - Monty Python

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 27, 2014 at 11:36:57 pm

The "weird s-curve" is a Bezier, and it's usually preferred over straight paths.

The KB filter as you describe it is still really a keyframe-based method. The interface may just be a little easier for some to handle.

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
on Jan 28, 2014 at 3:49:24 am
Last Edited By Nikolas Bäurle on Jan 28, 2014 at 4:27:32 am

[Mark Suszko] "The "weird s-curve" is a Bezier, and it's usually preferred over straight paths."

I personally like working with that Bezier curve, especially for one of the jobs I had last year. I was actually one of the few people defending FCPX keyframing on both FCPX forums last year. I'm not so sure if most prefer the Bezier, at least not from the reactions I was getting, especially since you can't change it in X for some reason , which seems to be a bug. In Motion when you keyframe Position and Size it defaults the position to Bezier which you can change back to linear. In X when you change the spatial interpolation to linear you still have an s-curve, but only when keyframing both position and size. If you only do position you get a perfect straight animation.

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
on Jan 28, 2014 at 4:49:45 am

I just realized that the Bezier curve bug is fixed in X. Interesting. When you do position and size you get the Bezier, even though all keyframes are set to linear in the viewer. By clicking on the checked linear setting again the curve changes to a straight line. I'll post this on the FCPX or NOT Forum, see if I can get some confirmation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]