FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 Out of Memory Issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Rafalow
FCP 7 Out of Memory Issues
on Jan 25, 2014 at 11:18:39 pm

I have a 17-minute project which has a lot of stills in motion, color correction, etc., and have had issues with this timeline where the program will freeze with an orange line (unlimited in Render dropdown). When either trying to render the timeline or trying to export it (self contained or reference) it fails and gives me an "out of memory" error. I've never had this issue before, but I'm going to need to output this! I also tried to "send to" Compressor, but that also fails but Compressor won't say why. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
Re: FCP 7 Out of Memory Issues
on Jan 25, 2014 at 11:44:35 pm

f you have any stills in your timeline that are over 4K pixel size, you'll get this error. Also using MP4, h.264,or MPG files, will also give you that error.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jan 26, 2014 at 9:25:26 pm

Also if a still is CMYK and not RGB, you will have errors

Return to posts index

Peter Rafalow
on Jan 27, 2014 at 12:08:11 pm

Thanks. Yes some of the photos were too large (over 4000 pixels) and a couple of them were CMYK too. Do any of these problems have anything to do with my graphics card, too? Many times, it takes awhile for FCP 7 to "prepare video for display". Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jan 27, 2014 at 6:43:02 pm

No. The graphics card won't make any difference. These issues are limitations of FCP 7.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]