FORUMS: list search recent posts

Injesting Video Question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Allen
Injesting Video Question
on Jan 22, 2014 at 3:15:56 pm

Hello,

I have a really old Cinewave Breakout box(with stealth card)I/O to injest video from my old Beta SP machines that I used with my old Mac G4 with FCP.

I recently purchased a used MacPro 3.1 machine (Upgraded with FCP Studio 3)and still need to injest video from my Beta SP tapes. Does anyone know if the Pinnacle Cinewave breakout box will work with/in my newer MacPro??

Also, I was wondering since my old Mac G4 still works well could I injest video from it with the Cinewave Breakout box to my newer MacPro's Final Cut Studio thru a USB or other port?

Thanks for any help with this.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Injesting Video Question
on Jan 22, 2014 at 3:28:06 pm

I'm going to guess that the hardware will no longer be supported by the current software.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Injesting Video Question
on Jan 22, 2014 at 5:19:07 pm

[Mark Allen] "Does anyone know if the Pinnacle Cinewave breakout box will work with/in my newer MacPro??"

No, it will not. The slots needed to use it is not in the newer machine. Completely different design. If that wasn't enough, the drivers for that card are no longer made...they died out long ago, when FCP 4.5 came out.

[Mark Allen] "Also, I was wondering since my old Mac G4 still works well could I injest video from it with the Cinewave Breakout box to my newer MacPro's Final Cut Studio thru a USB or other port?"

Nope. You'll have to capture it on the G4, and then, POSSIBLY, transfer it to the newer machine. By "possibly" I mean the files you capture may or may not work. Cinewave captured to it's own codec...and I'm not sure that codec is available on the newer software.

You'll either have to stick to the older machine and older card (man...that's like 10-12 years old), or buy new hardware for this new machine. Cheapest option is the Decklink Intensity Pro..$200.

http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/intensity

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]