FORUMS: list search recent posts

Create New Video Sequence Based on Audio Bounce from Logic

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Tolhurst
Create New Video Sequence Based on Audio Bounce from Logic
on Jan 22, 2014 at 6:03:13 am

Hey everyone.

A client has asked me to work on a video in the manner of "Auto Tune The News" - Basically create a song out of news footage.

The client will be using Logic 9 to Auto tune the Audio from a Newscast I exported from Final Cut Pro 7.

My main question is what are some methods of re-synching the video to the newly created Auto Tuned Audio bounced out of Logic?

The audio from the newscast will be chopped up and moved all around during the Auto Tuning Process in Logic, and now I have to figure out the best way to match the original Video clips to the newly created audio exported from Logic in my Final Cut Pro Sequence.

I trust this post makes sense, and please feel free to ask any clarifying questions. Any suggestion would be very appreciated. Thanks and take care,

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Create New Video Sequence Based on Audio Bounce from Logic
on Jan 23, 2014 at 6:47:48 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jan 23, 2014 at 6:49:49 pm

[Joel Tolhurst] "The audio from the newscast will be chopped up and moved all around during the Auto Tuning Process in Logic...."

I hate to say it, but that could turn out to be some pretty unappealing and downright grotesque-looking video.

The audio guy doesn't have to look at it -- he just listens and does the stuff that sounds right to him: a word here, a partial phrase there, a few repeats... okay, a lot of repeats. Once he's done, what are you left with? Making a boatload of nonsensical fast cuts? Ugh.

And if he should ever decide to futz with the speed of an audio clip... well, that opens up an even more complicated and potentially-ugly can of worms for you. It's no problem to hold a syllable out for several beats in a song, but it causes real headaches for video. Another ugh.

Furthermore, where would these video/audio clips come from? Just curious. I'm thinking in terms of copyright violations and image quality on this.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]