FORUMS: list search recent posts

First Post...Need assistance with FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Ruiz
First Post...Need assistance with FCPX
on Jan 20, 2014 at 6:09:37 pm

I'm hoping this is the right section to post in. Hey everyone, I am Jesse, and a total noob when it comes to video editing. The last editing that I did was about 5 years ago with Camtasia (WinXP). I have been a Mac user for the past 3 years, and would love to learn how to cut videos to help out my wife, who uses iMovie. She loves to film beauty-related Youtube videos. The part she hates is editing them bc it takes her so long (3-4 hrs). I have seen some really good videos on here, and would love to get some tips and guidance to get started.

The FCPX that I have came with Motion and Compressor, so that made itr even more overwhelming for me. What is Motion for? Is Compressor to reduce the file sizes after cutting the video?

We would love to film with two SLRs (5D Mark II and T3i). Is it difficult to edit when using two cameras? I just want her videos to be more interesting. I also would love to create a nice intro that she could use for all her videos.

I usually just film with the cameras on TV or AV mode with about 4-5 lights surrounding my wife to avoid shadows.
Thanks for taking the time to look at my post. I am looking forward to hearing back.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: First Post...Need assistance with FCPX
on Jan 20, 2014 at 6:57:12 pm

Sorry...it isn't. This is;

http://forums.creativecow.net/fcpxtechnique

This is for Final Cut STUDIO...meaning FCP 5, 6, 7...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Jan 20, 2014 at 7:00:25 pm

First off, there's a forum for FCPX - where you'll get more specific info about it. Motion is for motion graphics. It also lets you create effects for FCPX that appear inside FCPX. Compressor is an encoder. It allows you to transcode between formats and also encode videos to share. There are many presets so you can easily make clips for You Tube, etc. There are many tutorials here on the COWfor all the programs.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

Jesse Ruiz
on Jan 20, 2014 at 9:26:28 pm

Thanks Shane and John for the quick replies. I will move this over to the right section. Can I delete threads?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 20, 2014 at 10:06:45 pm

No. Don't worry about it.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]