FORUMS: list search recent posts

Terrible quality in FCP Canvas

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maggie Glass
Terrible quality in FCP Canvas
on Jan 20, 2014 at 4:55:15 am

Hi all,

I've used Final Cut Pro quite a bit, but self-taught mostly, so still shaky at a few of the basics. I've never encountered this problem before. My footage looks fine in the viewer but terrible in the canvas. Extremely pixelated and choppy. I've changed the percentage to 100% and it doesn't make a difference. Most other threads say that my sequence settings may not match the clip settings, but as far as I can tell, they do. (I've attached a photo and happy to be proven wrong).

Any thoughts? Rendering it does nothing. Exporting it also does nothing. The quality is still bad. When I pause it in the canvas, it reverts to good quality.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Terrible quality in FCP Canvas
on Jan 20, 2014 at 5:49:18 pm

#1...1440x1080 is amamorphic HD. It's compressed to save space.

#2...Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC) is a very lossy and compressed codec. Anamorphic AIC is pretty darn compressed.

#3...The Canvas isn't designed to show full quality. It lowers the quality of playback to allow showing of all the frames...no skipping. If you want to see the exact quality of what you are working with in FCP 7, 6, 5...you need external I/O devices connected to HDTV.

FCX does a better job of showing your exact quality..

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]