FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting FCP 7 sequence to Davinci Resolve

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ty Flowers
Getting FCP 7 sequence to Davinci Resolve
on Jan 19, 2014 at 8:40:13 pm

Hi, I'm trying to send an XML from my FCP 7 sequence to Resolve. I've gotten used to editing in more of an Avid style lately, where I put a sequence in the viewer and then drop clips from that into my timeline. In FCP, this gives me clips which call back to their parent sequences rather than to the original clips. The problem is, when I try to send an XML of this to Resolve to color, it isn't able to find the original clips. I'm trying a workaround right now where I make a nested sequence and manually add edits between every clip, but that seems so tedious and unnecessary. Is there a better way to make my sub-sequences link back to their original clips for XML purposes?

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
Re: Getting FCP 7 sequence to Davinci Resolve
on Jan 20, 2014 at 12:01:07 am

I'm not sure if you can really fix that other than re-cutting your edit. Editing this particular Avid style the way you did is really not a good idea in FCP 7 since they handle editing sequences into other sequences differently. In Avid you get the cuts, FCP 7 gives you a nested clip.

"Always look on the bright side of life" - Monty Python

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Getting FCP 7 sequence to Davinci Resolve
on Jan 20, 2014 at 12:15:30 am

When you do things that way...sequences into sequences, you need to hold down the OPTION key when you press F10 or F9...that allows to OVERWRITE or INSERT with SEQUENCE CONTENT. You can even map the F keys to do that..."with sequence content."

The only option you have now is to manually fix that "nesting" issue. Match back to the sequence, and then cut in with sequence content.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]