FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 Will Not Launch

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrea Christian
FCP 7 Will Not Launch
on Jan 18, 2014 at 4:46:22 am

I installed FCP 7 on an up-to-date Maverick OS. While the splash window is up loading plug-ins, it crashes each time on AUPitch.

I've removed my media, plug-ins and effects in case any were corrupt, I've worked with Digital Rebellion's Plugin Manager and Project Repair with no luck.

I'm a stumped designer who primarily works in AE/Ai/PS. It's been a while since I've worked with FCP much less troubleshooting on newer iOS. I appreciate any insight you can lend, I've read a large amount of the other posts and can't find a solution.

Return to posts index

Jon Chappell
Re: FCP 7 Will Not Launch
on Jan 18, 2014 at 6:40:05 am

Try running QuickFix or Housekeeper in Pro Maintenance Tools as they clear the Audio Unit cache.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metdata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...

Return to posts index

Andrea Christian
on Jan 18, 2014 at 10:30:23 pm

Thank you, Jon!

I thought that was going to be the golden ticket. Unfortunately, the launch crash happened at the same time of the splash window. Also ran Corrupt Clip Finder with no progress.

Return to posts index

Jon Chappell
on Jan 18, 2014 at 11:31:20 pm

I'd normally recommend disabling plugins that cause crashes, however AUPitch is a system Audio Unit. It might be a sign of wider problems with your system, but since it's sound-related, one thing to try is to look at Audio MIDI Setup in /Applications/Utilities. I haven't had any specific problems with FCP 7 there but I always have to disable Adobe Prelude there to get Pro Tools to operate properly.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metdata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]