FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting media from FCP7 for color grade

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karlo Gorup
Exporting media from FCP7 for color grade
on Jan 16, 2014 at 1:26:38 pm

Hi!

I have to export media from a FCP7 for color grade, and it is a feature film, so the project is really big.

I tried copying all of the media via Media Manager, but most of my clips are not copied, but the list is made with all the clips that are missing.

I also tried copying the media via Automatic Duck, but another problem appears. The raw media copied by AD are larger than 4TB, which seems extreme, cause Media Manager calculated that the media should be around 1,2TB.

I sent both of my versions to the people who are doing color grading, but they have a constant problem with relinking the clips.

Does anyone know what the problem (or solution) might be? Could the problem be that we have all of the raw material stored on 4 external hard drives?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Exporting media from FCP7 for color grade
on Jan 16, 2014 at 5:53:47 pm

What is the codec of your media? How was it brought into the project? Media Manager has issues with media that lack REEL names, and that happens when you convert the media outside of FCP with things like CLIPWRAP or MPEG STREAMCLIP or 5DtoRGB or others. One thing to try is to add reel numbers where they might be missing.

Media Manager also cannot trim footage that isn't in an editing codec. ProRes...works fine. H.264...not so much.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Karlo Gorup
on Jan 16, 2014 at 6:06:29 pm
Last Edited By Karlo Gorup on Jan 16, 2014 at 6:08:56 pm

Media is in prores4444, and I it was imported into project as such (the camera they used was Arri Alexa which was shooting in prores444, so there was no conversion)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 16, 2014 at 6:21:57 pm

Then you will need to add REEL NUMBERS to all the footage. anything will do.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Karlo Gorup
on Jan 16, 2014 at 6:31:47 pm

Thank you very much! I think this should solve my problem

Return to posts index

Karlo Gorup
on Jan 17, 2014 at 12:30:53 pm

Sorry for bothering, but my clips do have REEL names, however, I noticed that some reel names for different clips are the same. I presume that this is the problem? Or is it?

If it is, should I rename those REEL names inside of my project and try to export it via media manager or auomatic duck again, or should I do something else?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]