FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro: Log & transfer stream error with SDHC footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Meachem
Final Cut Pro: Log & transfer stream error with SDHC footage
on Jan 13, 2014 at 6:36:08 pm

Hey forum,

I am currently in the middle of an upload for a client and come across an issue. I shot on an AF101 on to SDHC cards which I've been uploading through Final Cut Pro 7 Log & Transfer. All the clips have uploaded fine apart from one. It has a duration of 1 hr 20 mins and comes up with error:stream error with a timecode following it. I have tried to upload in stages but it seems to happen every 5 minutes. The footage plays back fine on the preview window so it doesn't seem to be corrupt footage or anything.

I have done some research and learnt that if you could unclick the duplicate frames it can solve your problem. I have done but it hasn't worked. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated and would save this edit!

Divided Productions: "Passionate, Dedicated and Determined"

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Final Cut Pro: Log & transfer stream error with SDHC footage
on Jan 13, 2014 at 7:38:49 pm

FCP can often have issues with long takes and AVCHD footage. As a backup, I rely on ClipWrap2 from divergentmedia.com. I've had to resort to it more than once...but it really does work when FCP fails.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Phil Meachem
on Jan 13, 2014 at 7:48:33 pm

Yeah I have tried ClipWrap and it's having a similar problem currently. It's failing after about 5 minutes of uploading

Return to posts index

Phil Meachem
on Jan 13, 2014 at 7:56:55 pm

This is the error that I get from ClipWrap. Any advice?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 13, 2014 at 8:08:51 pm

I've pinged the people at Divergent Media to see if they know. They are pretty responsive and helpful.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Colin McFadden
on Jan 13, 2014 at 10:16:48 pm
Last Edited By Colin McFadden on Jan 13, 2014 at 10:17:09 pm

Thanks for the tip Shane.

That error usually indicates a bad SD card or a bad reader.

If you hold the option key while clicking the 'convert' button ClipWrap, it'll change to saying "Force" and will try to ignore errors like this. Sometimes that allows the file to parse (though there could be bad chunks) - since you say the file plays ok in preview, it may be recoverable.

Additional things to try - copy the full folder structure off the SD card to your hard disk . Does Finder complain about the copy? You can also try converting individual MTS files to narrow down which one is causing problems (Given the progress indicator there, probably the first file in the span).

And feel free to contact us directly, support@divergentmedia.com.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]