on Jan 13, 2014 at 2:39:51 pm Last Edited By Gillian Borg on Jan 13, 2014 at 2:51:08 pm
This situation is doing our head in, and I'd really appreciate some help if someone knows what is missing.
We have an hour and half long Apple Pro Res 422 master self contained file which only needs to be aligned with final sound mix in a new sequence for final delivery.
Similar to our previous workflows, our Sound Designer just sent us a .wav file for the final audio (24 bits, 48kh) but for some reason, FCP doesn't like it anymore and gives us this error in red.
We have gone all over the forum and read all possible posts, and have already tried the following:
1. Changed the file name and location
2. Closed project, started a fresh one and tried a new import
3. Switched user, installed FCP in a new one and tried a new import from a shared drive
4. Asked our sound designer to send us an .aif instead
5. Asked our sound designer to export it from Logic instead of Pro Tools
The only thing that worked is re-compressing file in soundtrack pro and sending it back. But we really don't want to re-compress the final soundmix, it's crucial that the sound file is untampered.
So, what are our options, or what are we doing wrong?? Any help will be really appreciated!