FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor won't let me create a bluray no matter what I do

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Weese
Compressor won't let me create a bluray no matter what I do
on Jan 12, 2014 at 2:18:20 am

Ok, I have two projects which I need a DVD and Bluray of each. I was successfully able to use a reference file for each and create a DVD. The problem is I use this same reference file for bluray and one of a few different things happens. Either compressor gets stuck on "waiting" and never does anything, or the progress bar actually moves, however it gives me an estimation of 20+ hours and stops at a random point. Sometimes the file will pause exporting at 2 GB and sometimes it will pause at 9gb; either way it seems to be doing fine then just does nothing. I have tried the "share" function, as well as "send to" in final cut, same result. I have used the compressor repair and that hasn't helped either. I went ahead and got a newer version of compressor even...same results. I have no idea what's going on.

I have never had issues with making blurays in the past, however I can't do it for any project. I know it can't be the specific projects because this issue happens with several different projects I try.

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
Re: Compressor won't let me create a bluray no matter what I do
on Jan 12, 2014 at 7:11:01 pm

[Daniel Weese] "I was successfully able to use a reference file for each and create a DVD. The problem is I use this same reference file for bluray and one of a few different things happens. "

Don't use a reference file. Export a self contained QuickTime file and use that as your 'master' for transcoding to whatever other file format you need.

HTH

Gary

Return to posts index

Daniel Weese
Re: Compressor won't let me create a bluray no matter what I do
on Jan 13, 2014 at 4:40:39 am

I tried a self contained file, and I get the same results. Within 30 seconds it gives me an estimate that it will take atleast 18 hours. It has always taken about half that time in the past. Regardless, when I added the self contained file to compressor I still couldn't get it to export more than a few gigabytes and even sometimes it is stuck on "waiting" and never gets past 1%.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]