FORUMS: list search recent posts

Archiving FCP projects

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ran Moncaz
Archiving FCP projects
on Jan 11, 2014 at 8:52:09 pm

So… out of hard drive space, and time to clean up…
When I begin to work on a project I copy the camera memory card onto the hard drive, and then go through the Log and transfer process.
When I finish working on a project, but still want to keep it available for further work, it seems like a waste of space to keep both the original card copy, and the capture scratch folder.
Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Daniel Sametz
Re: Archiving FCP projects
on Jan 12, 2014 at 2:13:32 am

I would erase the capture scratch and leave the card files. If you need to use the project again do L&T.
There could be problems if you reconect but if you L&T with FC then you should be ok.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Archiving FCP projects
on Jan 12, 2014 at 2:24:12 am

You should never keep the camera masters and the imported media on the same hard drive. If you lose that drive, all you media is gone.

When shooting tapeless, you need multiple hard drives. Drives you archive your camera masters to, that you keep and store. Best to have two sets of those drives. Them your media drive that you import the footage to and work from. When done you can trash those files, as you can always reimport. And just archive audio files and still and graphics.

I also choose to archive the media used in the final locked piece. Media manage the footage with handles to yet another drive (cheap ish USB). Because I always reuse my media drive, but often have to revisit old projects.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]