FORUMS: list search recent posts

Setting HD files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andre Markwald
Setting HD files
on Jan 10, 2014 at 8:48:36 pm

Hello, I will edit a job shot in different cameras. The main camera is the Sony EA-50, but we'll have files shot on 5D and Sony EX-3 too. Unfortunately, I still don't know what will be the output format. So, I was wondering convert folder by folder using Log and Transfer to Apple Pro Res 422 codec. Because of the repeated names of the files I was wondering rename each folder's file on Log and Transfer. After editing we gonna make the media manager and send to a finish house for grading and FX. Do you think is safe what I'm doing? Do you have another better option?

Thank you so much

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Setting HD files
on Jan 10, 2014 at 9:54:29 pm

[Andre Markwald] "Unfortunately, I still don't know what will be the output format."

Find that out SOON. That is a critical component to the workflow. That determines most of what you are going to do. Even if you say "a ProRes HQ 1080i 59.94 Quicktime file," that's something to work towards.

[Andre Markwald] "So, I was wondering convert folder by folder using Log and Transfer to Apple Pro Res 422 codec."

Yes. Because all of the cameras used are 8-bit cameras. Perfect codec for that.

[Andre Markwald] "Because of the repeated names of the files I was wondering rename each folder's file on Log and Transfer."

The folders containing the media should ALWAYS have different names. Unique names...like REEL names, because that is what they become. And then you can have FCP, in Log and Transfer, import with unique file names...yet still remember what the original name is, and what reel it came from.

[Andre Markwald] "After editing we gonna make the media manager"

Make it what? Sorry, no idea what you are saying here.

[Andre Markwald] "and send to a finish house for grading and FX."

Cool. Find out what the Finish house requires from you in order to finish and grade. Work towards getting them that.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]