FORUMS: list search recent posts

what macbook pro 13 " configuration for a video editing machine ??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jakob Mortensen
what macbook pro 13 " configuration for a video editing machine ??
on Jan 10, 2014 at 11:40:11 am

Hey

My VERY old macbook needs updating. I will get a new macbook pro 13 inch, but want to make sure to choose the right model.

I have been thinking about the one with 8 gb ram and 256 gb ssd, but is that sufficient for Final Cut Pro X ?

How would you configure it ?

Best wishes

Jakob

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: what macbook pro 13 " configuration for a video editing machine ??
on Jan 10, 2014 at 3:36:51 pm

From what I've read elsewhere, processor power with fcpx isn't as big a performance issue as having maxed-out RAM and the top available graphics card/ maxed out graphics memory, because fcpx offloads a lot of work to the graphics processor. You're also going to want to budget for an external, thunderbolt-connected RAID drive for the media, and if you're going to output to a real TV monitor to see what your finished work looks like, a thunderbolt-connected T-Tap will do that, inexpensively. Really good and comfortable headphones or monitor speakers would be next on the list. And an external burner for DVD and/or BluRay hard copies to give clients, when a file transfer won't do.

Return to posts index

Jakob Mortensen
Re: what macbook pro 13 " configuration for a video editing machine ??
on Jan 11, 2014 at 7:19:32 pm

Ok

Any other have viewpoints of this ? Are all new macbooks plenti powerfull for multicam editing of 3-4 28 mbs sequences ?

Best wishes

Jakob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]