FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timeline Info for cuts.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tancredi Capucci
Timeline Info for cuts.
on Jan 9, 2014 at 10:34:00 pm

Thanks in advance for taking your time in reading this.
I'm in a really sticky situation, unfortunatly over a year ago i was assigned a tv series and i (very stupidly) started editing it with the camera audio, now that i gotta replace it, i'm going crazy over having to click over every single cut and writing down the timecode beginning and end to replace the old with the new audio...

Question, is there any way of having the timecode cut info or do i really gotta go on another 40 scenes this way? Its something like 60-70 cuts per scene gahhhhhh >.<

Go Cows!

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Timeline Info for cuts.
on Jan 9, 2014 at 11:11:34 pm

Sync n Link will do what you want.
it's a bit pricey.

"click over every single cut and writing down the timecode beginning and end"

how about copy / paste the start TC, and use in/out points in the Timeline to edit.

nick

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 9, 2014 at 11:16:42 pm

I too recommend SYNC N LINK.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Tancredi Capucci
on Jan 10, 2014 at 2:21:43 am

Sink n Link is not working because its asking me to have all audio files (partialy renamed as the Video files, that would actually take me more time for the simple fact that there are so many takes that im actually going crazy...

i need simply somthing that lets me know my timecode cuts!

Go Cows!

Return to posts index

Matt Lyon
on Jan 10, 2014 at 6:07:04 pm

You could export an EDL and read the timecodes off that.

Matt Lyon
Editor
Toronto

Return to posts index

Tancredi Capucci
on Jan 10, 2014 at 6:20:59 pm

You Matt, might be the saviour of my life, as soon as the client takes off i'll check it up, is there any way i can email or skype you for further questions on EDL export? (only specific things)

Go Cows!

Return to posts index

Matt Lyon
on Jan 10, 2014 at 6:52:25 pm

Happy to help Tancredi, but I'd rather not post my contact info on a public forum. You can find me on LinkedIn .... or just post on this thread and I can try to answer. EDL exports are pretty straight forward. For your purposes, I'd use: CMX 3600, sorting "master", reel conflicts: "generic edits", turn off all "EDL NOTES" except 'File names' (or clip names). Turn on "OMIT TRANSITIONS" probably. Turn off all audio too (unless you need that info).

If you've never read an EDL before, it will take a second for you to figure out which column corresponds to what, but once that makes sense you'll be off to the races.

Be aware that EDLS use "exclusive" timecode numbers. Meaning the "OUT" timecode is the frame AFTER the last frame that is in the edit. This will makes sense once you compare the in and outs of a few clips in the timeline to the numbers that are actually in the EDL.

HTH,

Matt Lyon
Editor
Toronto

Return to posts index

Tancredi Capucci
on Jan 10, 2014 at 7:41:00 pm

Thankyou so much mate, this is exactly what i was looking for! ur my hero!

Go Cows!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]