FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble with Canon XF plugin for final cut pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Walt Padgett
Trouble with Canon XF plugin for final cut pro
on Jan 9, 2014 at 4:03:34 pm

Needing help with this one.

Have used FCP 7.0.3 with Log and Transfer with Canon C300 footage for about a year and a half now. Never any issues. Yesterday, brought new project in, went through all the normal steps to convert camera files to ProRes422. Log and transfer opens, add volume brings the clips into the list, but no video appears.

Everything else works, P2, Canon 5D.

Went back to an old project, to confirm that the new files had not been corrupted in the transfer. Old project that had worked previously, did not work. Again, files load into the list, but no video preview and if I try to add to Queue, I get the red stop sign with the exclamation mark in the status column.

System is a MacPro 8-core 2010. Again, no problems with this process in the past.
Tried the process on my Macbook Pro laptop and it all works perfectly, so I know it's not the file structure of the C300 media.

Reloaded Canon XF Utility and XF plugin for final cut pro (yes, the one for fcp7) Still didn't work.
Went to Canon website and downloaded the latest versions of both... still nothing.

Anyone seen this problem or have suggestions?

Return to posts index

Brian Speciale
Re: Trouble with Canon XF plugin for final cut pro
on Jan 16, 2014 at 2:44:32 am

Having the identical problem. A big ol' WTF??

Return to posts index

Mika Hudyma
on Jan 18, 2014 at 10:00:17 pm

Did you ever solve this issue? I am having exactly same problem on Mac Pro.

Thanks.

Mika

Return to posts index

Walt Padgett
on Jan 18, 2014 at 11:21:49 pm

Nothing worked. My solution was to wipe the drive clean and start over. Fortunately, I decided years ago to always have a system drive clone...just in case. Well just in case just happened.

I also started getting the error "XFMpeg2 decoder missing". (It should be in the Library > Quicktime folder) The canon site told me to delete the xf utility and the plugin for final cut. Did all those and still had the problem.

If anyone has this problem and manages to solve it, I'd love to hear what the solution is.

Return to posts index

Mika Hudyma
on Jan 19, 2014 at 6:54:26 am

I have tried everything: FCP wipe and reinstall + I have removed all canon drivers etc. No luck.

I did have an issue this week with another codec and gamma shifts in QT, so I trashed an ancient version of QT7 player. Otherwise, nothing has changed with my system. I reinstalled that player and still no luck. Canon Utilities function fine, but no log and transfer.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Terrified of being without an FCP7 system.

Return to posts index

Mika Hudyma
on Jan 19, 2014 at 6:25:35 pm

Spent the night trying all possible variations. Makes no sense--especially as everything works perfectly with FCP7 on Mavericks on a Macbook.

Log and Transfer opens and can load the XF volume, but it doesn't see video or thumbnails and plays 1-2 seconds of audio from each clip and then is mute.

Bizarre. Perhaps it is time to move to Avid. Thanks for the memories, FCP.

Return to posts index

Edmund Saunders
on Jan 24, 2014 at 11:39:26 am

Hi Walt,

I had exactly the same problem yesterday - have been using Log and Transfer for C300 footage for nearly 2 years and no problems at all - but then all the symptoms you described appeared.

After trashing preferences, reinstalling Canon drivers, etc., no luck.

But today I checked my software updates and saw that I needed to update my ProApps Quicktime codecs. Installed the update and Log and Transfer works! (I believe the version I installed was 1.0.4 but I can't be sure as I didn't make a note of it.)

I hope this can help someone.

Best wishes,

Ed

Return to posts index

Brian Speciale
on Feb 3, 2014 at 8:06:04 pm

Thanks Ed….that worked for me!! Did the software update with the new ProApps Quicktime codecs and BAM! Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Mika Hudyma
on Feb 17, 2014 at 4:30:48 pm

Thanks for this. Installed Pro Apps and it worked.

Mika

Mika

Return to posts index

Leigh Hubner
on Jun 27, 2014 at 12:34:29 am

GENIUS! I was having identical problems and this solved it. Thank you so very much.

Now I have a new issue in that all of the cards from my camera are saying the file structure is incorrect. There is always something! Anyway One battle down, another to go!

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]