Quality issue Exporting to QT

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Cawelti
Quality issue Exporting to QT
on Jan 7, 2014 at 8:28:56 pm
Last Edited By Michael Cawelti on Jan 7, 2014 at 8:38:20 pm

Hi All,

I am exporting from FCE HD to a QT Movie. The footage I dropped into the FCE browser (a .mov file) was 1920 x 1080. When I export the finished project (I added VO to the video), I exported as a self contained QT Movie (not QT Conversion) and I get a final video which is 720 x 480. Why am I getting the loss of size/quality?

I tried adjusting to 1920 x 1080 in QT Conversion, and the quality is low and the footage is squished down.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Quality issue Exporting to QT
on Jan 7, 2014 at 9:32:51 pm

Your sequence must be set to 720x480...internally, in FCE.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Cawelti
on Jan 7, 2014 at 9:58:19 pm

Thank you Shane.

I have tried to find more posts on setting sequence quality, but have found nothing on CC or in the manual. How do I change the quality of the sequence? Thanks!

Michael

Return to posts index

Michael Cawelti
on Jan 7, 2014 at 10:48:00 pm

I found the: Sequence - Settings. But none of the pre-sets seem to give you 1920 x 1080. This is FCE HD, it should be able to have a sequence in that quality, shouldn't it?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 7, 2014 at 11:55:32 pm

No...FCE is fairly old. It works with HDV, that is 1440x1080 (anamorphic) and Apple Intermediate Codec...which I don't think is full raster either. FCP didn't do full raster HD unless it was UNCOMPRESSED HD...until FCP 6 came out and ProRes was introduced. But FCE doesn't work with ProRes...only HDV and Apple Intermediate.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]