FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion project vanishing inside FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent Strader
Motion project vanishing inside FCP7
on Jan 6, 2014 at 10:06:14 pm

I created a file out of motion (snow falling).

When I lay it down on the time line over the video I want it in, it displays perfectly. But it's a little out of place.

I grab the image and wire frame and slide the snow over a little to be in the position I want it to be in. Then it vanishes. It's still on the time line, but it no longer displays in the window when I play it.

I can just go into Motion again with the same file and inch it over, then export it again. But if anybody has other suggestions to why I can't just slide it over on the time line that would be great. Sorry if this is hard to picture, I can video tape and upload what I mean if need be.

Vinnie

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Motion project vanishing inside FCP7
on Jan 7, 2014 at 7:27:17 pm

When you drag it in the FCP timeline, you're forcing a change to it, making it require a re-render, is my theory.

What I do with motion files is render them to a self-contained movie, then I import that movie to FCP.

Return to posts index

Vincent Strader
on Jan 7, 2014 at 7:51:09 pm

That's what I did. Exported to self contained movie. Made sure the codec was right. Rendered all once it vanished, and it was still transparent. So I just went back into Motion, recreated the snow, but this time moved it over a little. It matched when I imported it, close enough for government work...

Vinnie

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jan 7, 2014 at 10:21:23 pm

Watch out who you say that to next time. Some people may not have my sense of humor.

Are you somehow disabling the rendered clip, or changing it's opacity or blend mode?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]