FORUMS: list search recent posts

Yet another Zoom audio out of sync question...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Liss
Yet another Zoom audio out of sync question...
on Jan 6, 2014 at 6:25:59 pm

I've just been given some footage by an organization looking to produce a video. They gave me the raw footage (shot on a DSLR), footage that a previous editor converted to ProRes (woo, saving time), and the audio that they recorded with a Zoom.

My problem is that when I get the audio and the ProRes footage in a sequence together, it slowly drifts out of sync. The audio was recorded at 44.1, but I converted it to 48 in iTunes. I read the Matt Lyon tutorial, and I created a sequence preset to match the footage, however it still drifts out of sync.

I have a feeling that the issue lies with the frame rate: the video was recorded at 30 fps (not 29.97), and when I slow down the audio to 99.9% (29.97/30) it actually syncs up nicely. However, I feel like this isn't the most elegant solution, and I was wondering if you guys have any ideas for ways to solve it.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Yet another Zoom audio out of sync question...
on Jan 6, 2014 at 6:49:43 pm

[Adam Liss] "I have a feeling that the issue lies with the frame rate: the video was recorded at 30 fps (not 29.97)"

That is the problem. Looks like they are using a DSLR that doesn't shoot a proper frame rate. It has to be 29.97.

[Adam Liss] "and when I slow down the audio to 99.9% (29.97/30) it actually syncs up nicely. However, I feel like this isn't the most elegant solution, and I was wondering if you guys have any ideas for ways to solve it."

That is the best solution.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]