FORUMS: list search recent posts

share a portion of a video to for example Facebook

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morten Slemdal
share a portion of a video to for example Facebook
on Jan 2, 2014 at 3:57:15 pm

Let`s say I have project with a 10 minutes film in it. If I just want to share like 30 seconds in the middle of it on facebook, how do I do it? Is it a way to mark a part of the video, and then just share that part?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: share a portion of a video to for example Facebook
on Jan 2, 2014 at 4:12:24 pm

Yes, mark an in point and out point on the time line and use the "export" command or perhaps even the "share" command, to render out a "self-contained" movie, in h.264 mov format... Then upload that movie to your facebook page.

I find that sometimes FCP gets quirky about knowing which part you want to render out, so personally, I make the end point first, then the beginning in-point, leaving the play head at the in-point , before I do the export.

This advice was for users of FCP7; if you're on FCPX, go to that forum for specific advice.

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: share a portion of a video to for example Facebook
on Jan 2, 2014 at 4:12:56 pm

AFAIK you have to make a quicktime or mp4 of just that section*, so either mark in and out points on the sequence and export a quicktime of the section in H.264, or if you have a complete video file use Mpeg Streamclip, marking an in/out point to export a new quicktime or mp4 of the section. I usually upload to vimeo or youtube and then put a link to it on FB.

* TBF, I don't do it very often, usually something family related when I do, so someone else might know a different/better way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]