FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 question - how did parts of video track disappear?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Chow
FCP7 question - how did parts of video track disappear?
on Dec 27, 2013 at 3:22:19 pm

I'm re-finishing an old FCP7 project I inherited from another editor and I'm seeing something I've never seen before. The sequence a 2 camera shoot of an interview, so the editor didn't use multicam to do the edited. He just synch-ed up the 2 video tracks, stacked them on top of each other - top track being close-up, bottom being wide shot. And whenever he didn't want to see the CU, he made cuts at the beginning and end of the section he didn't want to see, and somehow made the shots disappear, without changing the opacity or composite mode or layering on some opacity-removing effect onto the section. So those sections of the Close-up track are still on the timeline, but they look greyed out, and when you play the video, the picture goes to the wideshot in the Canvas.
It must be some gap in my education, but it's the first time I've seen this. Can someone explain to me how that editor accomplished this?
Thanks.

Return to posts index

jerry wise
Re: FCP7 question - how did parts of video track disappear?
on Dec 27, 2013 at 4:24:21 pm

sounds like he clicked on "clip enable". its a right click...its just above "change speed". I use it all the time to make a clip invisible.

Return to posts index

Joe Chow
on Dec 27, 2013 at 5:15:51 pm

Oh my. I'd been using FCP Legacy since 1999 and didn't know about this. How pathetic. Thanks for the tip.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Dec 27, 2013 at 9:48:33 pm

FCP7 was brilliant in that it has so many different ways to do a thing, you can pick the one you like best. It is also so powerful and capable that I've never pushed it to its limits and used "every toy in the box" on any project we've ever had to do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]