FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating a template in FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristofor Gieske
Creating a template in FCP 7
on Dec 24, 2013 at 4:50:48 pm

I've got a 10 second sequence that contains an image that needs to change each time (a town name). My initial idea was to just relink the image to the new version each time I added the sequence, since it seems FCP makes unique copies of each sequence even within the same project.

This has worked most of the time, but twice now I've run into an issue where Final Cut remembers the link to multiple sources, and picks the wrong one to display for each instance, changing already finished cuts (in the same project; older projects seem to be unaffected)

Now I have a situation where I can't even force the image back to the version I want, because there doesn't seem to be a make offline option for clips in the timeline.

Is there a better way to make an editable template in FCP? I don't really understand the mystical ways of Final Cut sequences.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Creating a template in FCP 7
on Dec 27, 2013 at 11:09:43 pm

Look into pasting attributes>content

Don't relink media for this sort of thing. You could be changing the media to a master clip, which would change it in the browser and other instances.

Just bring in your new media in a bin. Select it and then cmd+c (copy). Then right click on the footage you'd like to replace in the sequence and choose paste attributes. Then only choose "content."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]