FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lost keyboard shortcut for nudging clips?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Hung
Lost keyboard shortcut for nudging clips?
on Dec 21, 2013 at 12:54:07 am

This is a really weird one, and I can't figure it out.
Recently I've been using Premiere Pro and haven't been back on FCP7 for a while. I came back to an old project in FCP7, and when I needed to nudge a clip in the timeline by 1 frame, using option + left or right arrow keys, it doesn't work anymore. the option + up or down works, also option + shift + left or right for nudging 5 frames at a time works. But for some reason I've totally lost the ability to nudge 1 frame? The keyboard layout manager has it listed with the correct keys, yet the program won't respond.
I've trashed preferences in both FCP7 and PPro. I've tried a different keyboard.
Help?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Lost keyboard shortcut for nudging clips?
on Dec 21, 2013 at 5:44:12 pm

That's odd. It still works that way for me.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Joseph Hung
on Dec 21, 2013 at 5:52:09 pm

REALLY odd. I rebooted, still the same. I have no idea what to do other than reinstalling FCP7?

Return to posts index

Joseph Hung
on Dec 21, 2013 at 8:35:19 pm

I think I know what's going on.
In Premiere Pro CC, I created a custom FCP7 keyboard layout. since PPro wouldn't allow me to use the FCP keyboard shortcut Option + Left/Right Arrow keys, I had to remap to use Command + Left/Right Arrow.
For some reason, this screwed it up for FCP7. In FCP7 Keyboard manager, I can remap the Nudge Left/Right 1 Frame with the same keys from above in PPro: Command + Left/Right Arrow. Now it works in FCP7 using these new remapped keys, and not the original config.
So apparently, altering FCP7 shortcuts in PPro inherently changes the keyboard prefs for FCP7? That's crazy, and I'm very frustrated I spent so much time trying to get a simple keyboard shortcut back.
So far, I've uninstalled PPro CC, and trashed prefs. I'm reinstalling FCP7. If this doesn't work, then I'll just have to live with it because trashing prefs doesn't seem to bring back the original FCP7 keyboard prefs.

Return to posts index

Joseph Hung
on Dec 21, 2013 at 9:09:41 pm

Reinstalling FCP7 did not work. This is insane. I guess I'll just remap to Command + Left/Right Arrow and live with it.

Return to posts index

Afrah Shafiq
on Oct 17, 2016 at 4:55:30 pm

This is horrible. It just happened with me too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]