FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 Exporting Issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Spignesi
FCP7 Exporting Issue
on Dec 19, 2013 at 8:57:19 pm

I just finished up my latest short film, a 38 minute production.

I went to go export my final project and it seemed to export fine. I went to then upload it to YouTube and after it finished uploading, I was shocked to see that there was just audio on my YouTube video, not video.

I re-exported it, same thing, making sure that I was selecting "both audio and video" upon completion.

Furthermore, when the file comes up on my desktop after exporting and I hit the space bar to preview it, it is telling me that the file is 0 kbs. But when I click "get info" it says it is 423 mbs. When I double click it and it opens up in quicktime, it also plays just fine, no problems.

Can anyone tell me what is going on here?

Best,
John

Return to posts index

jerry wise
Re: FCP7 Exporting Issue
on Dec 19, 2013 at 9:30:30 pm

did you export your project as "self contained" ?

Return to posts index

John Spignesi
on Dec 19, 2013 at 9:43:22 pm

I did not. Should I have?

Return to posts index

jerry wise
on Dec 19, 2013 at 10:00:25 pm

yes

Return to posts index

John Spignesi
on Dec 19, 2013 at 10:07:36 pm

Would that have anything to do with why only the audio is only going up on YouTube?

Also, the file is coming in at 32 gigs if I make it "self contained" What settings would I have to use in compressor to shrink that?

Thanks for the reply.

Return to posts index

Justin Keating
on Dec 20, 2013 at 11:38:49 am

When you have 'self contained' turned off, Final Cut will make a reference file rather than a complete movie file. When you export a ref file, it has it's own audio but not it's own video, hence the audio only appearing on Youtube.

If you google 'Youtube encode settings' you should be able to find all the required export settings to upload to Youtube. You'll be able export a Youtube friendly file straight from FCP. Do this by 'right-click highlighting' your sequence in the project window, selecting Export/Using Quicktime conversion and then matching your export settings to the Youtube settings.

Return to posts index

Roger Poole
on Dec 20, 2013 at 12:33:59 pm

What I find interesting about this is that YouTube won't allow audio only, so those who wish to post audio have to at least put a still image in there for it to be accepted. Perhaps John has inadvertently found a workaround for those who wish to post audio only on YouTube.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]