FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro X export settings

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark O'Shea
Final Cut Pro X export settings
on Dec 19, 2013 at 10:49:24 am

Hello all.

I'm currently making visuals using Adobe After Effects and Final Cut Pro X. The visuals will be displayed through a projector on to a screen behind a live band.

I'm currently making the visuals setting my FCPX properties to HD 720, 1280 x 720, 30 fps, render format Apple ProRes 422. The visuals are a mix of source footage, images produced in Photoshop and then animated in AE and FCPX. I want to play the visuals back through a MacBook linked to the projector but also want to burn the movie clips to DVD as a back up for the Mac.

As with most people that are just starting out I'm struggling with all the various output settings. I have done one live show but the resulting DVD kept sticking during playback which was completely annoying. This was after I had sent the output from FCPX to Compressor and exported as DVD.m2v files for burning. I did not burn a Blu-Ray disc - it was a standard DVD.

Does anyone have any idea as to why the DVD may have done this on playback?

Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Mark O'Shea

Return to posts index

Alice Fisher
Re: Final Cut Pro X export settings
on Feb 18, 2014 at 3:51:45 pm

Hello
I'm new to Creative Cow so my apologies in advance if i'm in the wrong area!
I have just finished up an edit for a client in FCPX. They are happy and have asked for the final hires film. That's fine. However they also asked for the 'open files'. I wasn't sure what this meant and they came back to me with 'so that we have the ability to take out slides and replace with other language variants in the futureā€¦'
Can anybody help and tell me how i send the film in this format?
Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]