FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting FCP7 timeline w. chapter markers to make menu in DVDSP?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Exporting FCP7 timeline w. chapter markers to make menu in DVDSP?
on Dec 19, 2013 at 2:46:23 am

I don;t even know if you can do this. I have a finished program in FCP7 where I have put down about 20 chapter markers with chapter names along the length of the program.

What I would like to do is import this asset into DVDSP and set it up in such a way that it automatically creates a menu consisting of the chapter markers. I don't want to tediously create 20 buttons and assign them to sections of the program. I know how to do it, but I want something fast and expedient and self-organizing. So when the menu comes up I have 20 chapter names to directly access.

Possible? How?

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Exporting FCP7 timeline w. chapter markers to make menu in DVDSP?
on Dec 19, 2013 at 3:40:48 am

If you added the markers correctly in FCP and exported a self contained or reference movie with the correct maker settings, DVDSP will see the makers and will automatically create the links to the buttons if you select a template with buttons.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Dec 19, 2013 at 4:01:15 am

Steve could you give me a *little* more detail on the steps? I have the AIFF and M2V rendered out, I import them, DVDSP shows me the timeline has the markers in it. Then how do I get it to generate menu shortcuts to each chapter, automatically?

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Dec 19, 2013 at 5:42:10 am

Choose a template and drag that onto the menu viewer. Choose apply to Menu add all buttons. Add your m2v onto a button and choose the appropriate selection.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]