FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVID TO FCP Workflow ?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emmet Reddy
AVID TO FCP Workflow ?
on Dec 18, 2013 at 9:44:09 am

Hi All i have worked with FCP for a long time and i have had to do a job on avid i managed to get the edit done now i need to grade in apple color.
I have used automatic duck to export an aaf and i can get it to open in FCP but how do i get my media in. Any workflow tips appreciated. ideally i would like to convert all my media from avid to apple proress and then grade in color. Thanks Emmet

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: AVID TO FCP Workflow ?
on Dec 19, 2013 at 3:45:13 am

Why Apple Color? Use Resolve Lite!

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Emmet Reddy
on Dec 19, 2013 at 9:28:15 am

ive been using apple color for years, great workflow between that and FCP, however with the FCP situation im thinking of moving back to avid and maybe ill give resolve a go, is it easy to learn and is the workflow between apps straight forward? Thanks Emmet

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Dec 19, 2013 at 11:55:31 pm

[Emmet Reddy] "is it easy to learn and is the workflow between apps straight forward?"

If you have been using Apple COLOR, then you are some distance along, and the learning curve won't be too steep. The round trip is quite a bit more robust than Apple COLOR ever was, and the big plus is that Resolve is pretty much NLE agnostic, and can work with XML, AAF, Quicktime and MXF fairly seamlessly.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Emmet Reddy
on Dec 21, 2013 at 2:38:24 pm

Thanks Joe for the advice i will have to give it a go when i get a chance all the best Emmet

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]