FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 7 and Quicktime not recoginizing all MXF files after OS upgrade

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roy Baker
Final Cut Pro 7 and Quicktime not recoginizing all MXF files after OS upgrade
on Dec 16, 2013 at 3:14:57 pm

I've updated a 2009 MAC Pro 2.26 GHz Quad Core Intel Zeon from 10.5.8 to 10.6.8 and eventually want to get to 10.8 so I can download Adobe CC. (Note - I did not do a clean install on OS.) However, since that update I've had various problems with MXF and XDCAM files opening or relinking in both Finder and FCP7. I've also encountered the frustating "General Error" or "Out of Memory" error when trying to open an XDCAM sequence that was created before the update.

I updated the CalibratedQ Software that is required to play MXF via Finder and through FCP. I've updated XDCAM Transfer program from Sony along with their new Content Browser because XDCAM Transfer is not supported going forward to 10.8. I also tried deleting QT7 and redownloaded it, however that didn't fix the problem. I deleted QT7 again and took it off another computer that is working fine using 10.8. Those two things fixed most of the problem with opening files in Finder and in Final Cut - then I was able to play XDCAM and MXF files. (Note when I did the software udpate after moving QT7, an update for QT brought back my problem of not being able to play XDCAM or MXF files. So once again I reinstalled the older version of QT7 and will not allow it to update.)

As I've proceeded with editing, I'm having problems with some MXF files but not all files. Some MXF files will play in Finder and FCP while others from the same folder/same directory structure won't play. When opening a FCP timeline, MXF files that were connected previous to the update won't reconnect. When attempting to reconnect, it will show me the file in the top window, I can locate the exact file on the drive it thinks it should be, but when I click on the file and hit "choose" it disappears from the upper window and never moves to the lower window for me to hit the connect. Also, some files, when hitting reconnect, open up the reconnect window, show the folder the file is suppose to be located, but don't show the name of the files beneath the folder name.

I've read a lot of different responses on this topic and haven't found anything that fixes the issue. Since I have problems playing some of the MXF files via Finder, the problem is not likely to be FCP. (Note -
I've deleted FCP preferences, FCP plist, and thumbnail caches, and the exact same files from the server don't have a problem playing on another computer that has not been updated.)

Any help out there?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 and Quicktime not recoginizing all MXF files after OS upgrade
on Dec 16, 2013 at 4:50:27 pm

Did you update your Calibrated software?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Roy Baker
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 and Quicktime not recoginizing all MXF files after OS upgrade
on Dec 16, 2013 at 4:52:29 pm

Yes - second paragraph

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 16, 2013 at 6:27:50 pm

Ah...pardon.

Well I have Calibrated, and it's working fine under 10.8. Dunno...contact Greg at Calibrated and see if they know?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Roy Baker
on Dec 16, 2013 at 6:58:52 pm

I spoke to Greg about 30 minutes ago and then saw you post. Don't know why I didn't think to talk to him first.
We have worked through it related to a calibrated plugin that was not in QT7. Still having some FCP issues not knowing where to connect the files and having to manually connect each file one by one.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]