FORUMS: list search recent posts

ex 3 BPAV import issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mick Kalber
ex 3 BPAV import issue
on Dec 14, 2013 at 12:36:59 am

I've searched the cow for this, but can't seem to locate a solution. I am trying to import footage shot on a sony ex 3 into fcp 6.0.8. I have crreated a folder on my rain and tranferred the BPAV folder to that folder. I have downloaded XDCAM transfer from Sony. When I go to log and transfer in FCP, click the upper left box, locate the BPAV folder and try to import, I get this: "BPAV" contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media.
What am I doing wrong? Using new iMac 27, 32 gigs RAM, 18T Promise Pegasus Raid Array. Mahalo in advance for assistance!

Mick Kalber
Tropical Visions Video, Inc.
Hilo, Hawaii

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
Re: ex 3 BPAV import issue
on Dec 14, 2013 at 2:00:59 am

[Mick Kalber] "I have downloaded XDCAM transfer from Sony."

Did you download the XDCAM Transfer standalone application form Sony, or the XDCAM Log & Transfer plugin for Final Cut Pro? They are two separate things. Sony used to make two standalone applications called XDCAM Transfer and Clip Browser. They were both replaced by a newer application called XDCAM Browser that combines both of their functionality.

If you want to import the footage directly into FCP using Log & Transfer, then you'll need to install the XDCAM EX plugin for Final Cut Pro.

If that's not working, give XDCAM Browser a try and see if that helps. If not, you may need to look into other utilities designed to recover footage from incomplete or corrupted card structures. Others on those forum are more knowledgable about those tools and can point you in the right direction.

Good luck!

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Dec 14, 2013 at 2:05:22 am

Are selecting the BPAV folder or the folder one level up in the folder heirarchy? For example, if your folder structure is MY FOOTAGE -> BPAV I think you need to select the "MY FOOTAGE" folder, not the "BPAV" folder.

Return to posts index

Mick Kalber
on Dec 14, 2013 at 9:34:17 am

OK... I can't use XDCAM Browser because it is apparently for FCP 7... I'm FCP 6.0.8. However, supposedly I can use the XDCAM Log and Transfer Plugin since it says it's for FCP 6.0.3 or higher. But... when I try to open it to install, I get this: "XDCAM EX Log and Transfer Plugin 1.2.pkg can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer." Obviously, it's from Sony. To answer your question, Andrew... I've tried it both ways and get the same error message each time. But apparently my plugin is not installed... so I assume that's the problem. But how do I work around that? Any ideas?

Mick Kalber
Hilo, Hawaii

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Dec 14, 2013 at 9:48:33 pm

[Mick Kalber] ""XDCAM EX Log and Transfer Plugin 1.2.pkg can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer." Obviously, it's from Sony. "

It's a new security features in Mountain Lion. You can change from the default setting by going System preferences -> security and privacy -> general and change the "allow applications downloaded from:" setting. You can also right click on the file, hold the Option key and click "Open" and that should open the file regardless of what default security setting is.

Return to posts index

Mick Kalber
on Dec 15, 2013 at 2:02:28 am

that did the trick, andrew... changed the security setting and installed the plugin. then everything imported perfectly. mahalo plenty!

Mick Kalber
Hilo, Hawaii

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Dec 15, 2013 at 7:42:06 pm

Awesome, glad to here it was a straight forward fix.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]