FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with importing media out of sync

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Filip Kenovic
Problems with importing media out of sync
on Dec 11, 2013 at 3:43:24 pm

Hi,
Sorry but i am pretty new to this forum. Have a problem and i thought that community can help me out.

I am working MAC workstation with intel xeon processor, running Final Cut Pro 7.0.3. Also with AjA IoLA video card. Lately we were trying to import some old analog tapes to hard drives for archive. I use the same setup for workin on newer projects. I know Aja IoLA doesn't support HD, but the videos I am trying to import are 720x675. We are importing from BETA and DVCAM. We are importing all tapes as 8-bit uncompressed this might be an issue, I don't know.

Well problem is that sometime, not all the time audio goes out of sync. I am hitting my head on the wall because i can't figure out what is the problem, and on top of all this is like bunch of other tapes that needs importing. Sorry that i can't post exact MAC specs, gonna do that tomorrow when i go there. Excuse my English. It is my second language.

Thank you in advance,
Filip K.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Problems with importing media out of sync
on Dec 11, 2013 at 8:17:52 pm

I would say that 90 percent of the time, this problem comes from having a difference creep in between the audio rate in your capture setting, and the audio rate in your timeline. If you use the "easy setup", this isn;t supposed to happen, but sometimes the audio sample rates get mixed up anyhow. Double-clicking on the timeline clips then right-clicking should give you a way to check what the actual sample rte is. Then click on the sequence icon and check the sequence setting and I bet you have a mis-match in audio sample rates. The other problem comes when you change frame rates and use the wrong method to re-synch the audio. A third but highly unlikely option is that int he IO setup or the preference panels, you accidentally added some offset tot he capture templates. Check the AJA control panels closely to see what the incoming and outgoing settings are for the audio and video preferences, and check FCP user prefs.

After all that, say a bruccha, and select View>External Video>refresh AV devices :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]