FORUMS: list search recent posts

I'm getting a "Low Disk Space" error msg from FCP while importing. Reaching out for assistance.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laurence Wallace
I'm getting a "Low Disk Space" error msg from FCP while importing. Reaching out for assistance.
on Dec 10, 2013 at 7:09:01 pm

Final Cut Pro is giving me the following error message when I attempt to log and transfer several clips:
"The Volume Macintosh HD is about to run out of disk space. The transfer queue has been paused. Please clear some space and select continue or select stop to abort the ingest and delete the clip."

My my Macintosh HD on my iMac has more than 685G of free space (out of the total of 2TB). I would think this would be sufficient as these clips are not more than 30-40G.

Does anyone have a suggestion for how I can resolve this and get these clips imported. I am under deadline.

Many thanks!

Laurence Wallace

Laurence Wallace
http://www.laurencewallace.com

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: I'm getting a "Low Disk Space" error msg from FCP while importing. Reaching out for assistance.
on Dec 10, 2013 at 9:24:18 pm

Never use your system hard drive as your scratch disk. Get an external hard drive. Do not use a USB2 drive.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Creative Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: I'm getting a "Low Disk Space" error msg from FCP while importing. Reaching out for assistance.
on Dec 11, 2013 at 4:45:22 pm

[Steve Eisen] "Never use your system hard drive as your scratch disk"

This piece of excellent advice is actually a law and cannot be over-emphasized.

One other reason that you may get an error message of this type, is that FCP will often start estimating file size and trying to reconcile that against known resources. It would often cough, even when there was enough disk space, if you were doing a "Capture Now" -- because the file management system really wouldn't have a clue as to what you really needed... so it assumed you didn't have enough.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Dec 10, 2013 at 9:35:10 pm

This also happens when using massive still graphics in large quantity.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Dec 10, 2013 at 9:46:16 pm

Make sure your Mac's trash is empty.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]