FORUMS: list search recent posts

Freezing bluray disc

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Johnson
Freezing bluray disc
on Dec 9, 2013 at 5:50:15 am

I've used this workflow for a few years with no issues. Fcp suite 3. I use a ProRes422 timeline and typically send right to compressor. I use the HD 30 minutes for a dvd 5 preset, 2.0 audio preset and burn it to bluray. This time compressor failed everytime i tried it. The movie is 90 minutes. I have done 2 hrs 24 minute before. Since compressor didn't work, I made a self contained movie which plays perfect on my imac, sent that to compressor using the same settings. Popped movie into my bluray player and it looks awesome but randomly freezes for 4 or 5 seconds and resumes. I haven't compressed a self contained quicktime before so I'm on new ground. I started at high bitrate of 34 and keep going down and now am at 30. Quality is starting to suffer. Freezing is in random spots. Not the same twice. I'm wasting a ton of discs. Any thoughts.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Freezing bluray disc
on Dec 11, 2013 at 4:37:35 pm

There's no way you are mixing standard DVD and BluRay approaches and burning to DVD instead of BluRay media? Random freezing sounds like there is a data transfer bottleneck.

I know that there is some advice out there that you can burn small BluRay projects onto DVDs, but it is a recipe for disaster.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Craig Johnson
Re: Freezing bluray disc
on Dec 11, 2013 at 6:39:19 pm

Thanks for your response. No mixing of dvd and bluray. Like I said, i have been doing this for 3 years with excellent results but this time I couldn't get compressor to get through the encode without the dreaded "error 0". I have been advised by many to make a self contained quicktime, (which I did and it plays great) and bring it into compressor. First time workflow like this for me. The movie is in 2 parts. Part 1 randomly freezes for a few seconds in 3 or 4 spots in the 90 minute movie. Part 2 plays perfect. That's where I'm at now. Thinking about getting Encore and starting over with the creating the bluray.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]