FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble with Log and transfer with Canon 5d MkIII cards in FCP 7 new files are getting processed and deleted

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Reid
Trouble with Log and transfer with Canon 5d MkIII cards in FCP 7 new files are getting processed and deleted
on Dec 7, 2013 at 8:36:01 pm

Issue:
Log and transfer appears to be processing my footage out, even creating a file in the capture scratch folder but once it is done it is deleted. Please help! This issue just started happening and it is driving me crazy!

Explanation:
I have a bunch of footage I just shot on my Canon 5d Mk III and now I am ready to process it. I copy the CF disk image of the card so that it maintains the same file structure. I make sure its the same size, and rename the base folder to something related to the shoot (EOS_DIGITAL becomes Sarah_001) and I keep doing this with all of my cards. Now once I am all done I back up everything. Then I go into Final cut pro 7 I set up a new bin as a logging bin and go into log and transfer. I set the Canon output to Prores422. I load the cards up. Everything is working fine all my clips are there and look great. I go through my footage do my ins and out points, name the files etc. I then click "Add Clip to Queue", it goes into the queue and appears to be processing. Even if you go to the capture folder where the clips are sent, you see the file there. But once the new file is done processing it disappears and is gone. The little circle to the left of each clip shows that it was partially processed but the clip is nowhere to be found. I have been going crazy trying to figure this out because this workflow has always worked for me and old shoots I did a month ago work fine still. If anyone has any ideas I would be eternally grateful.

Things I have tried:
-I have restarted my computer.
-I have the Canon plugin for log and transfer.
-I have trashed my preferences.
-I have changed my scratch disk/render location.
-I have created a new project.
-and so many other things I cant remember.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]