FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7: Without Mouse- Selecting/Switching multicam timeline clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
max steve
FCP7: Without Mouse- Selecting/Switching multicam timeline clip
on Dec 5, 2013 at 8:26:14 pm

Hi All, I work on FCP7.
My project basically comprises 6 layers of video and 6 layers of audio with one master cam layer.
Hence my edit workflow is usually hitting space bar for play, when reached at desired point hit space bar again, press control +v to place a cut point at play head position and then continue ahead further in order to clean the NG footage.

In the above workflow I also switch between video layers (multi cam clips, cam 1,2,3,4,5 etc) with option+s while clicking that clip, and cut/switch to the desired clip with control+v.

My Query: -

Now in the above discussed workflow I want to avoid mouse intervention, which is required for clicking the desired clip/cam while selecting or switching to it.

I want to switch to the cam layers up or down with keyboard while it is still selected. So that if desired, I can able to switch on it with option+s and place a cut point on it with control+v.
The idea is to be able to switch between multicam layers and select them without mouse help.

Thanks in advance.
Max

Return to posts index

Michael Aranyshev
Re: FCP7: Without Mouse- Selecting/Switching multicam timeline clip
on Dec 8, 2013 at 10:31:12 am

If you are on full-sized keyboard with a numeric keypad type Option–(NumPad)Zero then Command–(NumPad)Zero to deactivate Auto-Select on all tracks. Then type Command-(NumPad)1 to activate Auto-Select on V1. Control-V won't affect other tracks.

By the way, why don't you create a real multi-clip in the Browser first and then drop it to the timeline? It will give an N-up display and keyboard shortcuts for switching between "cams".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]