FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best settings for using a Wacom tablet to edit

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edward Harby
Best settings for using a Wacom tablet to edit
on Dec 3, 2013 at 9:51:22 am

Hey guys I just got a Intuos (small) tablet and I'm super excited to use it because when I edit long enough I get problems in my right hand when using a mouse. I was wondering what sort of settings you guys use for editing with your tablet. I also work in Media Composer as well.

Do you guys use Pen or mouse mode? Do you do the full portion of the tablet or a sector of a small portion of the tablet for your whole screen? What do you guys assign the buttons as?

I'm using a macbook pro with a screen that's 17inches. I'm sort of struggling with finding a sweet spot in the settings where I can work most efficiently. I like making the tablet's coverage small because I don't have to move my hand as much but of course it's TOO much control when dragging clips around as the cursor wiggles about.

So yeah, what settings do you guys use? Show me your ways..

Return to posts index

Philip Howe
Re: Best settings for using a Wacom tablet to edit
on Dec 4, 2013 at 1:16:20 pm

I use Wacom 6x8 for working in all and everything but with specific settings for each app - fcp is Pen mode, with pen tip "double-click", side lever is "control-click" upper," single-click" lower. I work with dual 24" Pro--Art monitors and a pair of Ref monitors, the Wacom is landscape full width with Monitor selector option to utilise just single monitors full. For effects, text animation and moving images etc. I'll stop for now except to say that upper slider set to "right-click" or "control-click" is a major decision!
I have no rsi probs with full width whereas i did with mouse.

philip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]