FORUMS: list search recent posts

Grey replaces text in youtube

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Makichuk
Grey replaces text in youtube
on Dec 1, 2013 at 12:43:15 am

Have a 3 min clip and added a title text and fade in/out dissolve. Plays okay in FCP 7 timeline but when it goes to youtube the title text and fade in/out are replaced by a solid grey clip.

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Grey replaces text in youtube
on Dec 1, 2013 at 7:11:34 am

maybe youtube is censoring your text?

what are your steps between FCP & YouTube?

nick

Return to posts index

Jim Makichuk
on Dec 1, 2013 at 2:12:47 pm

The clip has an 82 year old man singing 3 minutes of opera. Usually censorship comes maybe a day or even a week later if youtube figures it's "illegal". Also the grey clips are only in the text and fade in/out not in the opera video. I am going to make a version with the clip only, no text nor fade in/out.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 2, 2013 at 4:27:48 pm

Before you went to YouTube, how did you export it from FCP?
How did the export look?

I sense an "oops" moment here.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jim Makichuk
on Dec 2, 2013 at 9:53:18 pm

I exported as Quicktime movie w/ProRes 422 LT, the QT file that came out was perfect and when I upload to Youtube the fade in/fade out effect for video audio fade in/out also becomes a grey clip with no image.

Video came from Nikon at 720 and preset was ProRes 1080 and DVCPRO HD 1080p30, I've been out of editing for almost a year and no doubt have forgotten alot.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 3, 2013 at 1:04:17 am

Okay, here's my last stab at it: I have to assume the export was self-contained, is that correct? If it is, I'm out of answers.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jim Makichuk
on Dec 3, 2013 at 4:23:46 am

Sorry Dave... export self contained.

I'm wondering if I messed up the codecs somewhere, I think I did 6 different versions and one was digitally breaking up at QT clip... another wasn't acceptable to Youtube. It's all a big mess, I managed to get a straight clip with no transitions and that played ultimately.

I'm going to continue testing and hope it isn't something that's going to happen all the time.

thanks for your help anyways... I appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Jim Makichuk
on Dec 5, 2013 at 12:51:31 am

One more try... I didn't use any transitions but left a tiny space at head of timeline and then video -- result was that little space went grey but after that video was fine. One question; would this happen if I didn't start at timeline head but maybe a few seconds ahead?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]