FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is the correct way to wipe an SD card so that AVCHD files can be recorded on it again, and still be logged in FCP?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Becca Emms
What is the correct way to wipe an SD card so that AVCHD files can be recorded on it again, and still be logged in FCP?
on Nov 30, 2013 at 4:05:49 am

Hello,
I enjoyed the Tapeless Workflow in FCP tutorial, though I'm still having trouble with the .mts files from SD Cards I recorded on & backed up & recorded on several times.
I had followed your instructions for backing up the ENTIRE contents of the SD card onto my external drive, after using it with the Sony AX2000. Then, when pointing the Log and Transfer function to the root folder of the clips I want (labeled Private) the program said
Please choose a file structure that matches the media
-- or something-- you know how it goes.
This is weird because I saved files each time like:
"YL2013 Day2"
private
AVCHD
BDMV
STREAM
PLAYLIST
CLIPINF
INDEX.BDM
MOVIEOBJ.BDM

Since I can only use the clips from the very first night of shooting, I think that I did something wrong… Maybe I did something wrong when I tried to wipe the SD card & get ready for the next days of shooting.
Is there a correct & incorrect way to wipe the SD Card?
I had sent all .mts files & .cpi files to the Trash, then emptied the Trash, and then the camera said that there were again 180 minutes available to record on. So I thought it was all good.
But maybe I messed it up by not deleting EVERY file on the SD card after EVERY back-up.
Looks like only ClipWrap can transcode my clips now-- I don't know how to do it in Premiere--
but do you think there's another way to rescue these clips, before I buy ClipWrap?

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
Re: What is the correct way to wipe an SD card so that AVCHD files can be recorded on it again, and still be logged in FCP?
on Dec 1, 2013 at 12:14:43 am

You should use the camera to re-format/initialize the card.

HTH

Gary

Return to posts index

Becca Emms
Re: What is the correct way to wipe an SD card so that AVCHD files can be recorded on it again, and still be logged in FCP?
on Dec 1, 2013 at 12:46:51 am

Gary,
Do you mean that I should have reformatted the SD card, on the camera, after each use & back-up? In order to use it again?

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
on Dec 1, 2013 at 6:39:35 pm

Yes, exactly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]