FORUMS: list search recent posts

Merged clips not reading audio / reconnecting issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristy Neville
Merged clips not reading audio / reconnecting issues
on Nov 30, 2013 at 12:15:08 am

I am on FCP 7 syncing audio and video with ProRes 4444 @ 23.98. I am merging clips into bins labeled according to their scene. Pretty straight forward.

We then decided to go to ProRes 422 proxy to edit on a smaller faster drive at a lower cost. I transcoded the footage to 422 proxy with MPEG Streamclip same frame rate, same dimensions 1920x1080.

Next I go to relink the footage. Audio relinks and gives me this message: (Keep in mind these are copy and pasted files on the new hard drive).

"Some attributes of one or more of the files you have chosen do not match the attributes of the original.... The attributes that differed are as follows:
- Media start and end
Would you like to try to reconnect them again?"

Video relinks and gives me the same message, but adds "reel" as another attribute.

I've seen these messages before and nothing has come of it so I didn't think anything of it at first. Checking all the individual audio and video clips. Everything is playing fine.

THEN I go to play my merged clips... no audio!? Double click a merged clip in the browser, clip plays in the viewer but NO AUDIO. Right click on the merged clip file, select Item Properties and format. It is recognizing the correct audio clip that should be playing in the info there. I drag the clip into the timeline and I can see the shadow of the audio and video clip but when I let go in the timeline only the video appears.

How can this be?? What am I missing??

I would be so grateful for any ideas you might have!

Return to posts index

Kristy Neville
Re: Merged clips not reading audio / reconnecting issues
on Nov 30, 2013 at 5:28:14 pm

Update: Found the audio about 9 hours away from the video in the reconnected merged clip. So the audio is there but waaaaaaaaay out of sync when I reconnect the new 422 proxy files.

Still any suggestions?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]