Compression settings changed on clips i Apple Final cut pro 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mia Wright
Compression settings changed on clips i Apple Final cut pro 7
on Nov 27, 2013 at 9:20:36 pm

Hi!
This is my First time in Creative Cow.
I'm currently editing footage shot on Canon 7D and Sony EX3. I took the material into Fcp 6 via Sony XD cam(ex3) and file import(canon 7D).
I then upgraded FCP to Fcp 7. The compression of my clips i FCP 6 where canon: apple ProRes 422HQ, and the EX3: XD cam EX1080p25(35mb/s VBR).
Now when I open the project, The Canon has changed to H:264 and the EX3 is now Xdve, and I can't view it in FCP.
Obviously I've done something really stupid, I just don't know what or how to get out of it.
can some give me some advice?

Kind regards
Mia Wright

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Compression settings changed on clips i Apple Final cut pro 7
on Nov 27, 2013 at 10:47:47 pm

[Mia Wright] "I took the material into Fcp 6 via Sony XD cam(ex3) and file import(canon 7D)."

If you did a File>Import on the 7D footage...you didn't convert it. It was brought in as H.264. You either need to Log and Transfer it, with the EOS Log and Transfer plugin installed, or convert it with Compressor, MPEG STREAMCLIP, Grinder, or 5DtoRGB...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mia Wright
Re: Compression settings changed on clips i Apple Final cut pro 7
on Nov 28, 2013 at 10:56:06 am

Thank you Shane for answering to my question!
I just watched your great film about tapeless workflow with final cut 7. I learned a lot!

It sounds like I've got a lot of work to do. I'll import the footage again. Should I convert to Apple ProRes422? or Apple ProRes 422 HQ.

Should I then also convert my EX3 footage? Which is the footage I now can't even view in FCP 7. Something has happened, the compression XD cam EX1080p25(35mb/s VBR), doesn't exist any more in my FCP it's now something called Xdve. I guess I need to download something from Sony, any idea what I should look for? I usually import it with Sony XDCam transfer.

Thank you So much!
Mia Wright

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]