FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM clips appear as solid green in Final Cut??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason O'Hara
XDCAM clips appear as solid green in Final Cut??
on Nov 27, 2013 at 8:58:29 pm

I have 2 systems both running Final Cut 7.0.3 and XDCAM Transfer.

I have been using both systems to import and edit XDCAM footage from an EX1 for years without issue and suddenly both systems have begun acting up simultaneously?

I have recently installed Perian and performed software updates so am worried this is the cause of the problems?

The problems are as follows:

-on 1 of the 2 systems, XDCAM Transfer cannot read the BPAV folder as video clips, it plays back just the audio and the image is completely black. Fortunately, on the other system, XDCAM transfer appears to work normally and I can create Quicktime wrapped XDCAM files from my BPAV folder

however...
-neither of the 2 systems can read these newly created XDCAM (.mov) files in Final Cut. The .movs open and playback fine in Quicktime player. however within final cut, all of the files appear as a solid green screen??

I know its not a corrupt recording, because final cut and XDCAM Transfer are now behaving the same with old BPAV folders which I never had any issue with.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: XDCAM clips appear as solid green in Final Cut??
on Nov 27, 2013 at 10:46:09 pm

Remove Perian and see if that helps. If it works, you'll know the cause...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Benjamin Reichman
on Dec 13, 2013 at 8:23:11 pm

There's a laptop at work exhibiting exactly same issue, but Perian wasn't installed. Any other suggestions?

Jason, what was your solution? Did removing Perian fix it, or if not, what did you do?

I really don't know where to go from here in terms of troubleshooting...

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Jason O'Hara
on Dec 13, 2013 at 8:48:19 pm

This problem is caused by one of the recent Apple Pro Applications updates.

You need to undo the update by reverting to a previous version of your system drive,...or alternatively, if you don't have a previous backup of your system, you need to at very least replace the problematic file, which is:

AppleHDVCodec.component

It is inside Library/Quicktime folder. I was skeptical, because my problem was with XDCAM clips, not HDV, however this codec is apparently involved with displaying XDCAM clips in Final Cut.

You must simply replace this file with a version of the same file from before your recent Pro Applications update and voila, the problem will disappear, I can confirm this fix worked for me on both my systems.

Return to posts index

Tali Jay
on Jan 9, 2014 at 12:12:06 pm

Hi there,

I have the same issue, I updated without much thought, and now FCP 7 is showing me a green solid where my XDcam ex footage used to be.

Where do I locate a previous version of the AppleHDVCodec.component?

Obviously I am on a tight deadline (why would this happen when I have no deadlines, right?!)

Thanks

Return to posts index

Tali Jay
on Jan 9, 2014 at 12:16:39 pm

Hi there,

I have the same issue, I updated without much thought, and now FCP 7 is showing me a green solid where my XDcam ex footage used to be.

Where do I locate a previous version of the

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]