FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVCHD Import Issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Babbitt
AVCHD Import Issue
on Nov 26, 2013 at 5:38:29 pm

I have some files from a Sony Handycam in AVCHD that I am trying to import into FCP 6 using Log and Transfer. I have the complete file structure from the camera. FCP tells me that the file type is unsupported, yet I have done this before with AVCHD files from a Panasonic camera. I downloaded a trial version of ClipWrap, and it is able to work with the individual .MTS files, but, oddly, not the BDMV folder. Does anyone know what's going on here?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: AVCHD Import Issue
on Nov 26, 2013 at 6:27:12 pm

There are many flavors of AVCHD...none are the same between camera makers. There are slight differences that make one work, but another not. FCP 6 is VERY old, and can't deal with the newer versions. Even FCp 7 can't deal with ones made in the past two years...it's been discontinued. ClipWrap is the go to app. If it doesn't work for the camera you have, email their support. They are always updating to make sure it works, and they will respond to your email.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
on Nov 26, 2013 at 6:30:36 pm

Well, I guess that clears it up. I've been resisting migrating to FCPX, but I guess time is running out.
Thanks Shane.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 26, 2013 at 6:35:47 pm

Adobe Premiere works with these files natively...no converting. Just sayin...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]