FORUMS: list search recent posts

Broadcast output from MBP retina via HDMI?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Albert
Broadcast output from MBP retina via HDMI?
on Nov 24, 2013 at 4:29:07 pm

Hey guys,

Need a little help from those of you more tech capable with the nutty gritty...

About to get the new MBP 15". Will the HDMI out give me broadcast color space or should I use Thunderbolt > AJA T-Tap?

I will be either feeding a 6 year old Apple Cinema Display which is DVI and/or a SDI Flanders monitor.

Cheers for your help..

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Broadcast output from MBP retina via HDMI?
on Nov 24, 2013 at 7:14:47 pm

Thunderbolt via video IO like the T-Tap or other device. The HDMI will not send out the proper video signal...it'll send out a computer signal.

And you'll need a broadcast monitor...like the FSI (I love mine, owned it for years). A computer display is NOT appropriate for broadcast monitoring.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Chris Albert
on Nov 24, 2013 at 7:42:59 pm

Thanks Shane.

So if i come out of the HDMI of the T-Tap to the DVI input of the Apple Cinema Display that will be undoing the broadcast signal the T-Tap is putting out? I'd have to go into the FSI monitor?

Can HDMI carry a broadcast colour signal?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 24, 2013 at 8:57:26 pm

[Chris Albert] "if i come out of the HDMI of the T-Tap to the DVI input of the Apple Cinema Display that will be undoing the broadcast signal the T-Tap is putting out?"

Yes. Because the signals that computer displays get and the ones TVs or broadcast monitors receive is different. There was ONE device that made the signal computer displays work like broadcast monitors...the Matrox MXO. But that product is long gone.

[Chris Albert] " I'd have to go into the FSI monitor?"

Or an HDTV. If you are truely coloring for broadcast, I'd use a broadcast monitor. If you are coloring for any other needs, an HDTV will be fine. Just calibrate it.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Chris Albert
on Nov 25, 2013 at 1:49:02 pm

Thanks for the info and your time Shane

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]