FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Managing Nightmare

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Katy Johnson
Media Managing Nightmare
on Nov 22, 2013 at 12:24:57 pm

Hi Guys,

I was wondering whether someone clever could help me - I am a real editing novice.

I need to media manage an edit for a client - they want to trim it before inserting into their program. My edit was filmed in HD, has been colour corrected and had to fit a prescribed sequence that the original footage didn't match. So there has had to be quite a bit of rendering!

I am media managing it now and I included render files in the media manage. Now processing those render files is taking forever!

Would it have be better not to media manage the render files and then have done a render after it was media managed to the clients drive. Or did I do it the right way and I just need to be patient. What is the best work flow?

Thanks guys - this is an amazing forum and has saved me on a number of times.

Katy xxx

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Media Managing Nightmare
on Nov 22, 2013 at 9:29:34 pm

[Katy Johnson] "Would it have be better not to media manage the render files and then have done a render after it was media managed to the clients drive. "

When I accept Media Managed files, I don't usually expect the Render Files directory to be part of the deal, but maybe that's just me. They are expendable, as far as I am concerned, and if they are taking a long time to process -- who can say whether they would be faster to generate at the receiving end, and the next question on the agenda would be -- if the receiving end is going to re-edit the sequence, those render files are likely moot.

I accept Media Managed files to load into Resolve for grading, so the render files are utterly useless. For a client accepting a project, they may be convenient -- unless they change anything. Then it depends on where their FCP a/v preferences and system settings expects to pull the render files for playback/preview, and if your transport drive is not fast enough, they will have to move them again.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: Media Managing Nightmare
on Nov 23, 2013 at 6:47:04 am

including render files is an option to be used mainly when not trimming, i'd say.

including them as art of a "consolidate" would be rather complex, i'd say.
it;d take longer, and might not be accurate anyway.

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]