FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP files Not Corrupted but "too new"

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Hunter
FCP files Not Corrupted but "too new"
on Nov 22, 2013 at 3:27:24 am
Last Edited By David Hunter on Nov 22, 2013 at 3:28:48 am

I am getting this message-- "File's format too new for this application" -- when I try to open a project FCP in Final Cut Pro 6.0.6 installed on a circa 2008 MacPro laptop.

But, as far as I know, the MacPro 8-core desktop that generated this file had the same version of Final Cut Pro 6.0.6 installed on it, too.

## Background:

I bought a desktop and a laptop MacPro in 2008 and installed the same Final Cut Studio 2 of that year. I edited in Europe and Mexico and could bring projects back and forth from the laptop in Mexico to the desktop in Europe.

In October of 2013 I backed up video projects and all of their media assets from the European MacPro. The version of Final Cut Pro always said "6.0.6" as I recall. But, since I always edited on this machine for the past couple of years I took the Final Cut Pro version as far as it could go -- which seemed to end at 6.0.6.

Now in the States I am trying to open up the same FCP folders with Final Cut Pro 6.0.6 in the MacPro laptop and am getting this "File's format too new for this application."

I have researched this extensively online and I have never found a stated solution.

To top things off, the MacPro desktop was stolen out of the office, a week after I came to the States!

In the past the procedures I took always enabled me to transfer projects back and forth between the States on the laptop and in Europe on the desktop.

The only difference that I was aware of is that the European desktop had a later OS-X installed than the 10.5.8 on this laptop. I keep this version on the laptop because it enables the Express card slot to transfer P2 card data.

Does anybody have a work-around to enable these fcp files from the Desktop Final Cut Pro 6 to be read by my laptop Final Cut Pro 6.0.6.

Obviously, from my story here, I cannot export xml files from the stolen host machine.

Thanks for any suggestions that do not call for xml file exports.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]