FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProRes25fps to HDCamSR 24fps

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roland Denning
ProRes25fps to HDCamSR 24fps
on Nov 21, 2013 at 7:53:47 pm

Can anyone help me?

I need to transfer a ProRes 1080/25fps film to 24fps HDCamSR.

The facility suggests I speed up the file by 4% and they will transfer to 24 and then pitch change the audio to compensate.

Is this the best way of doing it?

How would you recommend doing the 4% speed change?

Many thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: ProRes25fps to HDCamSR 24fps
on Nov 21, 2013 at 8:24:29 pm

Go to a post facility that has a TERRANEX or other standards converter box. That's the best way, because timing will remain the same.

The second best...is the method described, but the timing of the project will change as well.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Roland Denning
on Nov 22, 2013 at 11:24:17 am

Thanks Shane -

On the second method - if the orginal file is speeded up 4% then the 25fps is played out at 24, won't the final timings remain the same?

I'm in London, UK, and the facility seemed to think it was not worth using a standards convertor (they have a Snell Alchemist - Terranex are not so common here).

Roland

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Nov 22, 2013 at 4:06:10 pm

[Roland Denning] "On the second method - if the orginal file is speeded up 4% then the 25fps is played out at 24, won't the final timings remain the same?"
Yes, but Audio will speed up as well.
Rafael

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Nov 23, 2013 at 6:52:12 am

"The facility suggests I speed up the file by 4% and they will transfer to 24 and then pitch change the audio to compensate.

Is this the best way of doing it?"

i think there is slight confusion here.
a common way to deal with this would be to change the playback rate of the clip.
you can use CINEMA TOOLLS to do this "Conform"
this will actually slow it down by 4%

nick

Return to posts index

Roland Denning
on Nov 23, 2013 at 8:29:37 am

You are right, Nick. That facility I spoke to (who said speed up by 4%) didn't really know what they were talking about. They really meant - reconform to 24fps resulting with a longer programme with lower pitch. A pitch change on a 5.1 audio track to me doesn't seem a good idea.

I have choice between Teranex or Alchemist. One facility (who had both machines) actually said the Teranex gave better results on this sort of conversion.

Has anyone here compared the two?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]